FAQThe Mission Press answers these FAQ's to help website users with commonly asked questions concerning our products and services. Please select from one of the subject areas below. If you cannot find an answer to your question, please contact us.
- The minimum information needed for any mailing is: Name, Primary Address, City, State and Zip Code.
- Optional fields might include Title, Company, Department, Secondary Address, and/or Member/Account Number.
- Enter each of these in a separate field within the database, and be sure to always locate each field in the same column.
- Use column headings to identify fields, and if possible include only the fields that are to be used for mailing.
While we can convert virtually any data format, your list can be processed faster and more economically if it comes to us in one of these commonly used file formats: .xls, .xlsx, .csv, .txt (delimited text), .asc (delimited text) or .mdb. Formatted mailing label documents from Microsoft Word or other word processing applications are not recommended because they require extensive conversion and editing to be made compatible with our “left-to-right” data import process.
We accept InDesign, QuarkXPress, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word* and Publisher* files provided that you include all “nested” artwork and fonts (postscript printer & screen fonts, and print fonts.) Using the software’s built-in collection feature will help ensure all files are included.
* Microsoft programs may incur an additional charge as they may need additional file prep.
- Clearly indicate the filename of artwork.
- Include a hard-copy sample and/or PDF of the file to print.
- Create the document with the same trim size as the final printed piece.
- Include all source images in your document.
- Raster images should be a minimum of 300 DPI.
- Flatten source images and save them as TIF or EPS files.
- Include all fonts used in your document (both screen and printer fonts).
- Do not use the style palette to italicize or bold a font. Instead, use the actual typeface (e.g. Arial Bold). Remove any unused colors from your document’s color palette.
- Ensure all colors are CMYK or spot colors (please do not use RGB or registration).
- Remember to extend images that bleed beyond the edge of the document 1/4″. Also keep any critical data 1/8″ from the edge of the page.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us.
What is NCOA (National Change of Address)?
NCOA software identifies the individuals, families, and businesses on your list that have filed a change of address with the United States Post Office, and updates your records with their new address information before a mailing is sent. Postal regulations require a NCOA data check every 90 days to keep your list in good standing. Click Here for More Information